RE: HYPOCRISY OF TODAY’S MEN
I have read with utter dismay and high irritation the article published in Vanguard on “THE HPOCRISY OF YESTERDAY’S MEN” and I can say that the article portrays sheer desperation on your path to save your job and stay in competition with Okupe who is notorious for writing such dirty articles. Sir, of recent you are a perfect example of the scripture that says “Your glory, O Israel (Abati), lies slain on your heights; How the mighty have fallen!!!” You have indeed fallen from grace to grass just for filthy lucre and to be amongst TODAY’S men…
Sir your piece was bereft of common sense as it is a calculated attack on the person of El-rufai and Ezekwesili who are both people of integrity even though I would agree with you that there are some people who are frustrated just because they are no longer in power but definitely not these two whom your article is aimed at attacking.
Now Sir let’s get down to the topic, I think you don’t really know how to spot hypocritical people but now I have volunteered to give you 11 minor tips on how to know them.
Hypocrisy is when,
- Today’s men ignore a whopping $67b question and debate to take on a full page advertorial on newspapers just to convince us that the question is from yesterday’s men and as such should not be taken seriously.
- Today’s men write a book “MY FRIENDS AND I” before elections based on feedback from social media and barely a year after instead of writing part 2 of that book based on the latest reactions and feedback from those friends turn back to pages of newspaper to describe those friends as collective children of anger.
- Today’s men go on CNN live to lie about the power and security situation in Nigeria even when the interviewer and the whole world is aware of the true situation of things.
- Today’s men illegally remove a sitting president of the court of appeal even when there is a case in court over the weekend and refuse to return him to office just for the basic fact that the disgruntled men of their party have a case against the honest man for upturning their fraudulent elections but kudos to you guys, you succeeded in killing the judiciary.
- Today’s men lie on the pages of newspaper like you did about airports and aviation sector that we all use and see. Today’s men even restored license of Dana air when the families of the victims are still in tears over the carelessness of the airline.
- Today’s men legalize corruption in full scale by throwing the Ribadu report in the dustbin and then send Okupe to describe it as a lazy job.
- Today’s men wine and dine with militants and give them huge contracts just because they are from the same region and in the same vein pass a life sentence on another man who is not even a militant but is alleged to be aware of militant activities.
- Today’s men eat 3million naira in a day when the average Nigerian “LIVES” on less than a dollar per day. How cruel can Today’s men be???
- Today’s men want an average Nigerian to pay N150/litre for PMS in the name of subsidy removal when we are one of the largest producers of oil in the world.
- Today’s men who claim to be leaders on the giant of Africa cannot even show the AFCON to citizens on National TV and thus allowing a parody account of a footballer in CIV describe us as the Soil of Africa that they walk on. Today’s men have embarrassed us soo bad.
- Today’s men who yesterday criticized all negative policies from government have a chance of joining government, sell their conscience and come to the social media, newspaper pages, and TV stations to defend clueless ideas, wicked policies and non-existent project of their principal in the villa.
Sir I’m sure you now have a clearer idea of what hypocrisy is. Please Sir, ignore my criticism and unfair choice of words and take on the points in this letter and advice your boss accordingly that like Obasanjo worked with smart minds except that he was a stubborn man and ignored some of their intelligent counsels he should also work with such smart minds and throw away his current cabinet filled with gluttony minds who think of only their bellies.
Thank you for your time sir… Tell the President that I said he should make haste as the clock is ticking fast…There is vacancy in Aso rock even before 2015…. I hear drums of revolution and I don’t know if Today’s men hear same…
An Extremely Angry Nigerian Youth
I am @naijarevolts on twitter